Tomorrow marks the beginning of pre-orders for the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. If you are one of the many consumers upgrading from an earlier iPhone, you may be considering the possibility of trading in your old device.
Apple’s famous trade-in program allows users to get a credit toward the purchase of a new iPhone, the amount of which is determined by the type of iPhone they hand in and the condition in which it is received. Instead of paying the full price upfront or going via a carrier, many users upgrade to the newest iPhone by taking advantage of the trade-in program. We have compiled a list below with the projected trade-in pricing offered by Apple for a variety of older iPhone models in order to assist consumers who are considering trading in their current iPhone for a newer model of the iPhone 14.
- Up to $720 Off the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Up to $600 for the iPhone 13 Pro. Up to $470 for the iPhone 13.
- iPhone 13 mini – Up to $380
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – Up to $530
- Up to $430 Off the iPhone 12 Pro.
- Up to $320 for the iPhone 12
- Up to $250 for the Apple iPhone 12 mini. Up to $100 for the Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation).
- The iPhone 11 Pro Max is available for up to $370.
- Up to $300 Off the iPhone 11 Pro.
- Up to $220 for the iPhone 11
- Up to $210 off on an iPhone XS Max.
- Up to $150 Off the iPhone XS
- iPhone XR, with prices starting at $140
- Up to $130 Off an iPhone X.
- Up to $110 Off iPhone 8 Plus Models
- Up to $75 Off the iPhone 8
- Up to $70 off the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Up to $40 Off the iPhone 7
The exact amount of money Apple will give you for your old device will depend on two things: how well it works and what model it is. Apple’s highest prices are shown above and on its website. Before you decide to use Apple’s trade-in program, be sure to check with your carrier to see if they have any current deals or promotions.
This year, Apple released four new versions of the iPhone 14. The iPhone 14 has a 6.1-inch screen, the iPhone 14 Plus has a 6.7-inch screen, and the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screens, respectively. Compared to the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, which have been replaced by the bigger 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Plus, the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus are just small improvements. Each of these versions of the iPhone has a new camera, a longer-lasting battery, and Apple’s A15 Bionic CPU.
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are better than their predecessors in more important ways. They have a screen that stays on all the time, a Dynamic Island with a cutout in the shape of a pill, and a new main camera with 48 megapixels.
The whole series starts at $799 and goes all the way up to $1099. Each of the four models can be bought in a number of different color combinations and options. The colors you can choose from are shown below.
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus are now available in (PRODUCT) RED, Blue, Purple, Midnight, and Starlight colors.
- Deep Purple, Gold, Silver, and Space Black are the color options for the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Beginning tomorrow at 5:00 am, pre-orders may be placed for any and all configurations of the iPhone 14. PDT, and the first day that buyers can expect to get their orders, with the exception of the iPhone 14 Plus, is Friday, September 16. On Friday, October 7, Apple will begin shipping the iPhone 14 Plus to consumers throughout the world.